Semi-permanent color will do many things for your hair. I personally love them and use them quite often on my clients. Check out the things semi-permanent color will and won't do for your hair.
Semi-permanent color will:
- Cover your gray hair- This is the number one reason most people get semi-permanent color. They simply want all of their hair to go away. Semi-permanent color will do that for you.
- Liven your hair up- If your hair seems to look dull and dry, a clear semi-permanent color may be your solution.
- Be safe on your hair- Semi-permanent color is extremely safe on the hair. So much so that it can be done on the same day as a relaxer with no damage. You can get them every week if you wanted to and it would not hurt your hair at all!
- Lighten your hair- One of the reasons semi-permanent color will not damage your hair is because it does not have any ammonia in it. Unlike permanent color, it only adds more color to your hair, it does not lift to make the hair lighter. If you were to put a blonde semi-permanent color onto your black hair, you would still have black hair. You would only be able to put a color the same as your hair or darker.
- Stay in your hair permanently- Like the name says, this color is only semi-permanent meaning it is not a permanent color. Most semi-permanent colors last about 6-8 shampoos.
If you have ever been thinking of trying a semi-permanent color go for it! They are only temporary so if you do not like it, you will not have to worry about committing to it long term. And if you do like it, you can continue to get them. Either way, the main benefit is that it will in no way, shape, or form damage, harm, or hurt your hair!