Many women often ask how can they get their hair to grow. But, the truth is that the hair is growing all of the time. As a matter of fact, your hair is growing as you read this. Growing the hair is the easy part. Actually retaining the length so you can see that your hair grew is the hard part. Length retention is very important because if you are unable to retain your length, you will think that your hair is not growing. The ends of the hair are the oldest so if they are not taken care of, they will have to be cut. If you are continuously cutting your ends, especially if you are having to cut more than you have grown, you will always feel like your hair is stuck at the same length. Today I will be showing you five ways to retain your length and have longer hair.
1. Prepoo- Pre-pooing is a great way to retain length. For instance, the Hydrating Pre Poo Hair Mud Mask from by L. Jones pre-softens the hair, encourages more hair growth, and retains moisture in the hair. When moisture is retained in the ends of the hair, they don't split as fast, which helps you actually keep your length. I would recommend pre-pooing at least twice per month if you are wanting to help your hair grow faster AND keep/retain the length that you grow.
2. Moisturize- Dry hair breaks much faster, especially at the ends. In order to keep your ends moisturized and strong, it is important to use high-quality moisturizing shampoo (like this one). Using a moisturizing shampoo on a regular basis will greatly help to strengthen your ends and help you retain them. It is my professional recommendation that you use a moisturizing shampoo each time you shampoo your hair.
3. Deep condition- While we are talking about moisturizing, deep conditioning is also another way to keep your ends and the rest of your hair moisturized. If you consisitently deep condition (I recommend this one) your hair instead of only doing so when your hair is dry, you will retain significantly more length and experience less breakage.
4. Leave-in- I use this leave-in conditioner every single time I shampoo my hair, which is weekly. Using leave-in conditioner helps to add another layer of moisture to your hair in addition to using the moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioning. This particular leave-in conditioner also helps provide heat protection and helps to detangle as well, both which help reduce breakage so you can retain your ends.
5. Seal- Even when you moisturize your hair, it is important to seal it in. Using a sealant helps lock the moisture inside the hair so that you don't feel like your moisturizing efforts are for nothing. The by L. Jones Satin Moisture Cream is a daily hair moisturizer that can be used to seal the moisture in the hair as well as the Silky Serum Oil.
All of these five things will help you retain your length when done on a consistent basis. When you incorporate these things in your hair care routine, you will absolutely see more length.Check out the video below, and be sure to subscribe to ToyaJTV!
Post a Comment