|Six things you can do to your hair now that you are quarantined (and have time)
Remember all of those times that you said you wished you had time to do "so and so" with your hair? Well guess what?? Now, we ALL have the time with the economy on lockdown and most of us being quarantined. With that being said, I want to share six things that you can do to your hair right now, since you are quarantined.
1. Shampoo weekly- I normally do this anyway, but since we have been under quarantine, I've been shampooing 2-3 times a week (don't judge me!). Since you have time now, shampoo your hair weekly and see if you notice a difference. Worried that your will dry out? As long as you use a good moisturizing shampoo (like this one) you'll be fine. I also clarify my hair weekly (with this shampoo) to remove all product build up and residue.
3. Moisturize and seal- Moisturizing and sealing helps you to retain length by keeping your ends moisturized. When the ends are dry, they split much faster and there is no other way to fix them but to cut them. If you have to cut your split ends more often than usual, you will never reach your goal length. Don't know how to moisturize and seal? Click here for a tutorial.
|Moisturize and seal
|Oil your scalp
5. Pre-poo- Doing a prepoo is an added step that will help soften your hair and give it the added extra moisture that it needs. Again, it is an added step but well worth it. This prepoo does wonders for my hair. I let it sit for hours (because I now have the time) and I notice a huge difference in my hair. I know I am a bit biased, but the by L. Jones Hydrating Prepoo Moisture Mask not only moisturizes, it also does the following:
- helps hair appear thicker and fuller
- helps stop shedding
- removes dead skin cells from the scalp
- removes toxins and metals from the hair
- encourages hair growth
- helps retain moisture
- prevents itching and reduces dandruff
- increases circulation
- helps repair porosity
- improves frizziness
- makes the hair more manageable, smoother, and shinier
This is why I love it! It is also why I love to let it sit for more than the recommended time of 30-45 minutes. While you have time, definitely add pre-pooing to your hair care routine.
6. Deep condition- Deep conditioning is definitely recommended, especially on relaxed hair and hair that has been permanently colored. Chemicals can dry the hair our so it is important to keep it moisturized. If your hair is chemically treated, try deep conditioning with this once a week.
These are the six things you can start doing RIGHT NOW since we all have the time. Give your hair the extra love it needs during this time. Even if you are not a pro at styling, you can still keep the strands healthy, and that is what matters the most. Styles look much better on healthier hair, so be sure to keep that in mind. Check out the video below for this post. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel (ToyaJTV)!