If you are reading this article, you probably feel like you want longer hair, and you want it RIGHT NOW, correct? And why shouldn't you? After all, when you get inspired by a hairstyle you see on someone else, don't you instantly want it? Unfortunately, hair grows at what I refer to as a snail's pace, only averaging about 1/2 inch per month. And that is if your hair is healthy. Damaged and unhealthy hair can grow even slower. At that rate, it would take the average person with healthy hair about one year or more to grow six inches of hair. In six months you should have at least three inches of growth. So what exactly can be done to hair to make it grow faster? You can use growth oils like the by L. Jones Silky Growth Oil to speed up the growth slightly. However, the key to longer hair is length retention, not growth.
The good news is that your hair is always growing. Even as you are reading this your hair is growing. However, much of the time we have to cut everything we grew for reasons like, split ends, damage, etc. Here are a few ways to not only help your hair grow longer, but to also retain all of your new growth.
|Grow your hair longer with 5 steps|
- Eat a well-balanced diet- Believe it or not, eating a well-balanced diet is very important for the hair because it allows you to get the proper nutrients in your body. If your body is properly nourished, your blood circulates better in your body, including your scalp. Increased blood circulation equals better hair growth. Get where I'm going here? The bottom line is eat up on those fruits and veggies and your hair will also see the benefits.
- Drink water- This ties into #1 but I have seen the benefits of drinking the recommended amount of water firsthand. The recommended amount of water to drink daily is about half your body weight in ounces. So, if you weigh 200 pounds, you should drink about 100 ounces of water daily. When I did my water challenge I saw changes in my hair very quickly. It seemed to need less oil, and I noticed that I had new growth faster than usual.
- Wrap your hair- Wrapping your hair helps your ends not split as fast which means that you retain more of your length as your hair grows. So make sure you wrap it every single night, even if you know you are getting it done the next day! Using the by L. Jones Satin Wrap Cap combined with the by L. Jones Satin Scarf ensures that your scarf will remain on your head all night. A bonnet also helps to preserve your ends as well as a satin pillowcase, however, those items may not help as much in keeping your style looking as good as wrapping or rolling.
- Trim your ends regularly- Trimming your ends on a regular basis does NOT help your hair grow, but it does keep your split ends at bay so that you only have to get a little cut each time. There are so many women who hate getting their ends trimmed and by the time they do, they end up cutting as much as they grew because the ends had traveled so far up the hair shaft. Don't be scared to get your ends trimmed. Split ends do make the hair appear longer, but it's not healthy nor does it look good to have long hair but see-through ends. They also prevent the hair from having body and bounce. Keep a consistent schedule with it and you will notice more of your new growth being retained thus making your hair longer.
- Watch the heat- I recommend only using heat in your hair once per week or less. Not only that, only use the temperature that your hair requires. Never use the highest heat setting unless your hair is extremely thick and chemical-free. That type of hair can take more heat but most women have average hair which can take between 375-400 degrees. The Toi Primo flat iron goes up to 480 degrees but using it on a temp that high is not required nor recommended for the majority of people. I personally use my Toi Primo at a temp of about 400-420. Constantly putting heat on your hair or using your heating tool at a temp that is too high will result in heat damage that leads to hair breakage which leads to SHORTER hair! Heat can be your friend when used correctly.
- BONUS** Use high-quality products- Using only high-quality products (like these) is imperative for your hair growth journey. High-quality products simply means that no ingredients that are harsh on the hair are included in the formula.
|Easy ways to grow your hair in 6 months|
Check out the video for this post:
Pin this image: