When I first started blogging in 2012 I had no idea what I was doing. I would have great information to put out but what I lacked was how to effectively present it. And to be perfectly honest I did not take my blog that seriously. I started it on the suggestion of a friend and I was not sure anyone would care to read what I had to say. Well, after reaching over two million views to LaToya Jones Blog, I finally realize that people actually are reading what I have to say! Not only are they reading it, but women as well as other hairstylists are constantly emailing me with words of encouragement and telling me how they have learned so much about their hair all because of me. And that is what makes it all worth it.
I have finally made the decision to make LaToya Jones Blog a business! This will include:
- even more informative, original content on a consistent basis of four days every week
- vivid, high quality pictures for hair inspiration
- paid courses/tutorials that are available for those that need more in-depth and detailed help with their hair.
- an accompanying video from ToyaJTV to go with each blog post
Basically, I want the experience and information received from LaToya Jones blog to be different from any other hair blog out there. For certain posts where it is applicable and practical, I am also accepting sponsors.
I decided to team up with advertisers and sponsors for the following reasons:
- To enhance the experience of my readers by introducing them to other brands that they could benefit from but may not know a lot about.
- To expand my "village" by getting other brands in my network that compliment my brand and vice versa.
- To make some extra money! I'm not ashamed to say that I do want advertisers and sponsors because I want the extra money that comes with it! With that being said, all sponsors and advertisers will not be accepted. I'm very particular about LaToya Jones blog and I have my readers interest as well as what the blog stands for at a top priority. If a particular company is not a good fit, then that company will not be accepted as a sponsor.
Sponsors will only be allowed if it is a natural fit with the post and is something that my readers can benefit from. In addition to sponsors, I also now have ad space available for advertisers. I do have my own hair care company as well so the following types of sponsors/advertisers will not be accepted if there is a conflict of interest:
- hair care companies (unless the product is something not offered in the by L. Jones line)
- hair extension companies (unless the products is not offered by L. Jones Hair Collection)
- electric hair tools that compete with Toi by L. Jones
Each sponsor/advertiser will be reviewed on a case by case basis. I look forward to working with advertisers and sponsors! If you are interested in partnering with me please email me at email@example.com to request my media kit and price rates. I can't wait to hear from you!
Check out the video for this post: